One Month

Hi Momma,

Today is May 8, 2013. I wonder if it is the same date in Heaven. You have been there for a month now. Well, a month in Earthly time. How are you liking it? We sure do miss you back here. I can't stop thinking or saying how much I miss you. 

We got home from Tennessee last night. I am glad to be home. Went back to work today which was fine. Tonight I met up with some of the biddies for ice cream and a card game. We had a fun time! 

On Sunday, it is Mother's Day. I'm not sure how I will feel. My friend said that maybe I should skip church but I know you would say that I should face this head on. But, I also know you would say it was okay to stay home if I didn't feel like going. For now, I am able to remember things you would say or do. I keep remembering your classic dance move with your hands. You used to do it when you were excited. You used to do it even more when you were right about something! 

I hate that I can't talk to you. I guess that is why I keep writing these letters. I keep thinking about what I would do if I could have another hour with you. Or just a minute more. Or even a simple second more of your time. I would just hug. You would just hold me and tell me that I am your "big brave girl". In the end, it would never ever feel like enough time. The 23 years and 10 months weren't enough either. I want more. I always will. I cannot wait to see you again. Save a hug for me. Actually save a million for me. We will have a lot of hugs to make up, for all the time we are missing out on.

Love,
Kelsey 

P.S. Momma, please call/text/email anytime!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Year of Running

The Hurt & The Healer

Six Months