Heavenly Mail

I know Heaven is real. I cannot wait to get there and see my momma again. I wonder what Heaven is like? I try not to think too much about it because the thought of "forever" can be overwhelming for me. 

I write letters to my momma on here. Does she read them? I don't know. I hope so and that alone is enough to keep me writing. When I was little I used to think that people in Heaven could see everything that I was doing. Today, that just doesn't make sense. I don't think my mom can look down and see me. It is too sad down here on Earth. I am too sad. She wouldn't want to see that. Heaven is filled with only joy and no tears or suffering. If my mom could see my pain it would question the validity of everything we know about Heaven. Or at least everything we think we know about Heaven. 

So how do I talk to my momma? I simply talk to God. He is the Creator of the Universe. If He can't be a messenger, than who can? I tell Him to hug her or tell her that I love her. I know He has great plans for my momma in Heaven. He is keeping her very busy until we get there. 

I also think of communication to my mom in Heaven like this: When I attended camp every summer at Wesley Forest, my parents would send us daily Bunk Notes. They would submit their message online and it would be printed out for us to get by lunchtime each day. I imagine my momma getting bunk notes every time I ask God to tell her something. Maybe they are called Cloud Notes or something Heavenly like that.

My preferred method of communication with her would be in face to face. It's hard to accept that, that is not my reality anymore. I miss her like crazy and I can't believe she is gone. I'll keep writing her letters and talking to God. After all, nothing is more exciting than hearing "you've got mail".

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Year of Running

The Hurt & The Healer

Six Months