Longer Days

Mommy,

Summer is fast approaching and the days are getting longer. Each day is a little bit longer since I've last seen you. Oh what I would give for a hug from you. 

I feel like I am different than who I used to be. I'm not sure why. On the outside, I look okay but on the inside, I'm sad most of the time. I feel as though I have never appreciated you more in my life than I have during the past few weeks. I just wish that I could have had the chance to prove to God now that I can appreciate you this much while you are alive. Bad grammar. 

I only have a few days left to be 23. Oh what I would give to be 21 again. You were sick for most of 22 and all of 23. I don't wanna be 24 without you. These numbers are scary. And I feel like there is so much I still need to learn...from you. I have no idea what I want to be when I grow up. I don't know anything anymore. Except that God is good, of course. I hope that he is taking good care of you up there. I hope he is taking good care of us too. 

Momma, I miss you every single day. I love you more than the number of piece of confetti that exist in the whole wide world? Remember when we used to play that? Your turn. 

Love, Kelsey

P.S. Mommy, I want you for my birthday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Year of Running

The Hurt & The Healer

Six Months