Just a Monday

Hey Coco,

I really miss you today so I wanted to write you a letter. Everytime a Monday comes, I know it's been another week since I've seen you. I eventually lost track but today I counted and it has been 29 weeks since I've seen you. 203 days (to be exact).

I want to see you again so very badly. That is no secret, I'm sure. I didn't a little math to calculate how many more weeks I would have to wait to see you again if I got to meet Jesus at the exact age (in weeks) that you did, 57yrs+40wks. 

When you left us on April 8, you had spent 3,004 weeks on this Earth. I was at 23yrs+46wks. My total number of weeks was 1,242.

3,004-1,242=1,762 weeks. 

I have checked off 29 of those weeks. 
1,762-29=1,733 weeks.

1,733. That is how many weeks I would have to wait (from today) to see you again IF I left this Earth at 57yrs and 40wks, just like you did. That feels like forever. 

Someone might read this and say that it probably wasn't emotionally healthy to do all of those calculations. And I guess that's just really none of their business. I want you to come back so so so much. But I know you can't, because I'm certain that you are happy there! I know that you must be because you said you were ready to get there. I do wonder sometimes if your heart hurt (like ours did) knowing you had to leave us. Or if you were just too tired and in too much pain to understand any of that during the last few days. 
Someday when I get to Heaven I am going to ask you if you knew. And I don't know what you will say but I do know that you will say that you have been loving me since the moment you last saw me. 

This upcoming Sunday is All Saints Day. I will write more about that later.

Momma have a good night! I'm sure night isn't a real thing up there so when I write that, what I really mean is, I hope my tears stop falling soon.

Love,
Kelsey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Year of Running

The Hurt & The Healer

Six Months