Half Marathon Training: Day One

I started training for the Disney Princess Half Marathon today! Most of the time I don't even like running. It is hard for me. That is why I have to do this...it is so like me to just give up when something is hard. When we go to Disney in February, we will be spreading some of Coco's ashes. She wanted them down there because Disney World was our favorite family vacation! I got to go there 5 different times with Coco! On our last trip in 2010, Coco couldn't stay for more than 2 days because she had to leave for a conference in D.C. She had just spent ten days on a cruise with my dad for their 25th wedding anniversary so she had to head back to work. We all met up in the Orlando airport. Coco and Mickey flew from Ft. Lauderdale. Lindsay flew from Nashville. I took a train from Philly to Harrisburg and then Deb and I flew from there. It was so cool!

I am hoping that running turns into some positive for me. My left knee hurts almost every time I run. Especially after 3 miles. Tonight the last 7-8 minutes were rough. It's not an awful pain but it is uncomfortable. I prayed that God would just take any physical adversities away and I will continue to trust Him for the mentally tough running days. 

Less than 5 months. Here we go...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Year of Running

The Hurt & The Healer

Six Months