They Say I'll Be Okay...

But I'm not going to ever get over you.

Mondays around 5:30pm are the absolute worst for me. That is around the time my momma left this Earth. On a Monday... at 5:30pm... 10 weeks ago. The number keeps getting bigger. I guess it would be overkill for me to say that I still can't believe she didn't beat the cancer on Earth. 

When I think about my life without her, I become overwhelmed with sadness. So I bring myself back to the moment and think about just making it through the next minute without her. That makes it just a little bit easier. 

She had said once that she wished she could just go to Heaven for a little but and rest and then come back to us. She followed that by saying she knew it didn't work like that. I wish she was finished resting and it was time for her to come back. It will be so many years until I get to join her in Heaven. 

I still cannot believe that she is not here anymore to be my mommy. I've never wanted my life to pass by faster than I do right now. For now, I will dream of the day when I can see her again. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Year of Running

The Hurt & The Healer

Six Months