Mother's Day

Mommy,

Today is our second Mother's Day without you. Last year, I did not go to church because that is a popular subject in sanctuaries everywhere. This year, I did go to to church. I miss you so much. I kept thinking the week leading up to Mother's Day that I needed to get you a gift. I'm not sure why I kept thinking that but it probably has something to do with the fact that I was a terrible gift-giver for the years that you were here! Oh well, you loved me anyway!

If I could give a message to all of my friends on this day it would be to show your Momma that you love her, not just today, but every single day! One day, you won't get to hear her voice anymore or call her. You can dial her phone number but she will never ever answer. I haven't called your phone once since you died. Dad disconnected your number on our family plan so some random person would probably answer if I called. I'm sure your voicemail message at work was deleted, but I never called to see.

It's crazy how much I miss you. Sometime the only thing that sustains me is knowing that I will see you again.

Love you forever and always,
Kelsey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Year of Running

The Hurt & The Healer

Six Months