Spring

Last year on the first day of Spring, I called an ambulance for my momma. I spent all day at the hospital until late at night when I went home to sleep. I'm guessing that I had no idea it was the first day of Spring. 

I feel like that day was the beginning of the end of my mom's time on Earth. I guess one could look at it a bunch of different ways. When I think of this day in 2013, I see it as the first day she was actually dying. As humans, we are all living to die but everyday after March 20, 2013, just got a little worse.

For the first three days she was in the hospital and I was so unsure of what was going to happen. I didn't ever want to hear what the doctor had to say because I jus thought it would never be good. I spent most of my days wandering the hospital halls listening to my iPod or sitting really close to my momma and just crying. I didn't want her to see me cry but I just couldn't help it. 

Sometimes when I begin these posts, I have bigger ideas for them than what they end up to be. You know what though, it is what it is. I write for me and that's all I would ever hope to do with this blog. 

This picture was taken right before momma was discharged from the Hospital and sent home to rest until God called her home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Year of Running

The Hurt & The Healer

Six Months