My Best Friend's Wedding

Once upon a time, my best friend got married! 

So on Thursday, September 3rd, Kate and I left Harrisburg around 9:00pm to make the drive to Kristy's hometown of Lewisburg, PA! We arrived around 10:30pm and awoke sleeping beauty from her sleep to let us in! We would have stayed up because Kate and I were so excited but our bride-to-be wanted her sleep. So we went to bed. 

The next morning we woke up, got ready and headed to the reception site (The Cellars). Kristy, Kristy's mom, Kate and I spent the next few hours setting up! The place was looking gorgeous! 


After setting up, we grabbed some lunch at the cafe next door! Kate and I did snack on Hershey Kisses all morning.  You know, three for the guests, one for me. Once we fueled up on sandwiches and wraps we met up with the other bridesmaids and Tim's mom to get our nails done! 

Nails took a few hours so once we were done, we had only about 20 minutes to get ready for the rehearsal. Although we were a little late, Kate and I definitely set personal records for the time it takes to get ready. 

So far everything was going so smoothly until it came time to give the marriage license to the pastor at the rehearsal. The license happened to be in Tim's Mustang which was parked at Kristy's parents house. The only problem is that no one could find the keys. We managed to convince the pastor to just get on with the rehearsal. When that was over, we headed to dinner. I was so excited to eat at La Primavera (the restaurant where Kristy worked in high school and college)! Kristy and her family stopped by their house to search for the keys but came up empty handed again.

We feasted on yummy Italian food and Kate and I ordered hot chocolate because we will never grow up. 


This was when the real adventure began. Kristy's family, Tim, Kate and I spent the next hour searching everywhere for those Mustang keys so we could retrieve the marriage license. After no luck, we decided they must be in a bag at the reception site. Kristy and I walked across the street to her neighbor's house (she owns the site) and told her about our dilemma. At 10:30pm she gave us the keys so we could go look but again we couldn't find them. We dropped Tim off at the hotel and the girls and I decided that the keys must be in the trunk of the Mustang. I called AAA and at 11:45pm, the roadside guy showed up to tell us he might not be able to get in. He set the car alarm off which probably made her neighbors mad but we did get into the car only to find that there were still no keys! However, we quickly grabbed the marriage license from the glove compartment and kept it safe until the next day. The plan was to drive off in the Mustang but with no car keys, this wasn't going to happen (at least we had the license). My best friend stayed so calm during this entire ordeal and I was so proud of her! This girl was getting married in the morning so we needed to get to sleep! 

On Saturday, September 5th, we woke up giddy with excitement! 


We rushed around and packed our cars and left for the church. The hair and make-up people arrived at 9! 


We spent the morning getting ready and eating. 

Once everyone was ready, we took pictures and awaited the start of the ceremony! We were waiting for a solid 30 minutes and the ceremony started right on time! 

(Ready to go!)


The ceremony was really nice and I don't have any pictures because, well, I was in it and I don't think Kristy would have liked me snapping photos the whole time! The flower girls started crying right before it was her turn and I may have told her the only way to get to her mom was to walk down the middle of that aisle. Ethical? Who knows but it worked! She even stood at the front with us for a few minutes! 

It was so fun to see all of our friends after the ceremony. While Kristy and Tim went to take pictures with their photographers, Kate and I arrived at the reception for cocktail hour! The drinks were so yummy! I kept asking all of my friends to get a drink for me and put it at the table so when I finally arrived at my table there were approximately 6 drinks! 


It was soon time to give my MOH toast! As I was reading, I looked over and saw Kristy crying and then I almost lost it but thankfully for everyone in the room, I held it together. 
:) <3

When this was over, I breathed a sigh of relief and it was time to party! We ate and hydrated ;) and then we danced the night away!



Time for our traditional biddies pictures. Including the all hands in, biddie brides on 3 moment

The party finally came to an end and many of us agreed that this was one of the best weddings we have ever been to! 


Kate and I stayed to help clean up and then we joined the rest of our friends at the hotel for late night pizza and good conversations! 


Soon enough it was time for everyone to part ways back to their own rooms and get some sleep. The next morning we ate breakfast at the hotel and the bride and groom joined us! 
All good things must end so we began our long goodbyes and see you soons and took one final biddies pictures before loading up and driving back to our homes. We were all happy to know that we would reunite in just two weeks for another biddy wedding! 


Congratulations Kristy and Tim! I hope you had the very best wedding day! 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Year of Running

The Hurt & The Healer

Six Months