Easter

Momma,

This is the last holiday of the first year that you will miss with us. Since Easter changes each year, last year it was a week before you passed away. This year it was two weeks after your passing anniversary. 

I went to church with Dad and he sang in the choir during the 9:30 service. I went home and watched Scandal, my new favorite show. We had dinner that evening at Deb's house. The pretty much sums up our Easter.

Easter is important to me for many reasons but if I am being completely honest, I take for granted what Christ actually did for me on the cross that day. This year it hit home that His death means that I will get to see you again in Heaven. I know that it means so much more than that but right now, at this point in my life, I am so so thankful for Christ sacrificing His life so that we can see our loved ones in Heaven. 

I love you so much Momma and I can't wait to see you again because of what Christ did for us. 
Miss you always.

Kelsey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Year of Running

The Hurt & The Healer

Six Months