Disney World 2014

Mommy,

We got back from Disney last night. I had a good time - enjoyed the warm weather, the time off of work, and running my first half marathon. Disney was not the same without you though. We missed you so much. 

Wednesday, February 19:
We flew out of Harrisburg very early in the morning! The sunrise from the plane was stunning! 
Goodbye snowy Pennsylvania!

Sunrise was stunning, see momma?

We got to Orlando around 11am and hopped on the Magical Express to our hotel. This time we stayed at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village. It was amazing! The resort was gorgeous! 



We had a view of the animals right from our balcony. (There are no animals in this picture)


Our hotel room was awesome too! 




Master Bath

Second bathroom!

Lindsay and I slept here. So comfortable! And Dad slept on a chair that pulled out into a single. Seriously, the beds were really nice! Deb and JP slept in the master. 

Those are just a few pictures. We went to the pool bar to each lunch. Afterwards, we went back to the room and found that our luggage had arrived. Mom, you weren't here to remind Lindsay and I to pack shorts in our carry-on. We changed and hopped on the first bus that showed up: Hollywood Studios. We didn't really understand how the new FastPass worked so we really didn't get to ride any rides because the lines were so long! The weather was gorgeous so we walked around and rode a few small rides. Then we decided to go to Downtown Disney for dinner. After eating dinner at an Irish pub we headed back to our hotel because we were all so tired. 

Thursday, February 20:
This morning we went to ESPN's World of Sports to attend the Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend Expo. It was so fun to pick up our gear! Mom, the weather was gorgeous again! 




We quickly stopped back at the hotel to drop off our gear and jumped on the bus to Magic Kingdom. Since we spent 2.5 hours at the expo, we missed our fast pass for Thunder Mountain and the line was too long so we skipped it for that day. We rode some other rides though! We spent the entire afternoon at MK until we had to leave for Downtown Disney to make our dinner reservations. The bus we got on ended up being so crowded that it took forever for everyone to get settled so the bus could leave. Then we hit so much traffic that we were 30 minutes late for our reservation at Fulton's Crab House. They gave our reservation away and we had to wait another 30 mins for a table. After eating dinner we were too tired to walk around so we just went back to the hotel because it was already 10:30pm.

Friday, February 21:
We spent the day at Epcot! We did everything except ride Test Track because with the new FastPass rules, you can only get one pass for each big ride at a park. We chose Soarin' that day. That was your favorite ride, I'm sure you remember! We ate dinner at Nine Dragons in China at World Showcase. It was good! I think we ate there before. We stayed for IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth. By luck, we ended up finding a great spot to watch! Bryanna and Kevin got into Orlando on Friday but I wasn't able to see them because our plans didn't match up. After the fireworks, it was time for bed.

Saturday, February 22:
This morning we made our way to Animal Kingdom. We got to the park very early because we knew that we would want it to be an early evening due to waking up early for the race on Sunday. Our first FastPass was for Expedition Everest. The line was only 5 minutes long when we arrived so we rode it first by using the standby line. Then we used FastPass. After that, Lindsay and I rode Everest 2 more times! We rode 4 times in 40 mins and twice in the front seat! In the middle of the afternoon, I was able to meet up with Heather at Animal Kingdom! It was so good to see her. I was looking like a mess because we had gotten stuck in rain showers! After we had done everything in the park, we made our way to Downtown Disney. It was there that I finally got to see Bryanna and Kevin! 


I went to dinner with Bryanna and Kevin and another friend of theirs who was also doing the run! It was fun but we basically ate and headed back to our hotels by 8pm since it was going to be a very early morning!

Sunday, February 23:
The first thing that was on the agenda was to run 13.1 miles in the Disney Princess Half Marathon! And that was checked off just after 9am! After we all finished the race, we went back to hotels to shower! Heather and her family, Bryanna and Kevin, and my family all went to Epcot for the afternoon. My family went to ride Test Track and eat lunch Mexico. Bryanna and Kevin joined us for lunch, which was in the middle of the afternoon. I hung out with Bry and Kevin while my family went back to the hotel to rest. I also met up with Heather and Ted later and got to ride two rides with them! After that, I went back to my hotel. I missed saying goodbye to Bry and Kevin because they went to Downtown Disney! It was sooo good to do this with one of my best friends! We are already planning our next half. (Momma, keep listening, it's looking like it will be in November!)

Monday, February 24:
Today the family went to Hollywood Studios again. Well, actually Deb and John went to Universal for the first part of the day! We did our FastPasses ahead of time so we could go on the big rides! The weather was cloudy at times but mostly sunny. We stayed for Fantasmic! I love that show! I also got to see Heather twice that day for a few minutes each! After Fantasmic, Lindsay, Dad, and I went to Downtown Disney to shop at World of Disney. We also ate some sandwiches from Earl of Sandwich. Then it was back to the hotel for bed! By the way, Momma, my legs were hurting real bad! Running a half marathon makes your legs very sore! 

Tuesday, February 25:
The day of sunburn. That was my own fault since I didn't exactly wear any sunblock. I don't mind though, I was loving the sun! Our day was spent at Magic Kingdom. We rode lots of rides but had finished everything by about 3pm. Deb and John went to downtown but Linds, Dad, and I did something different. We hopped on the ferry outside MK to Fort Wilderness. I guess we all felt weird about scattering them in the park so we decided to visit our old resort! We walked around for a while deciding where to put them but ended up just leaving you near a tree! Don't worry Momma, it was just a little bit. 


When we were finished, Dad went back to the hotel to check-in for our flights the next day. Lindsay and I bought water at the Trading Post and jumped the ferry back go MK. We rode Buzz Lightyear twice and Space Mountain once. Dad came back and we found him just in time to meet up with Heather's family for the fireworks at the castle! They were sooo good! Lindsay took really cool pictures. Dad talked to Heather's dad for what felt like a long time before we left. Of course, we stopped at The Confectionary on Main Street before leaving the park. We ate dinner at our hotel and then went to sleep. This was our last night on Disney.


Wednesday, February 26:
I got up early to pack while Lindsay slept. I know you probably aren't surprised! We went to eat breakfast after saying bye to John who was spending a few more days in Florida on a rented motorcycle. After breakfast we stopped at the gift shop at Jambo House (the bigger section of the hotel). Then it was back to our room to pack up. I wanted to sit by the pool for an hour before we had to leave but it was a little chilly and overcast. So I walked to the look-out deck off the lobby and watched the animals for 45 minutes! I texted Lindsay to come out because the animals were so close! We each took a bunch of pictures on our SLR cameras.

This is a panoramic picture that I took from my phone. 

Soon it was time to leave for the airport. It started raining just after we got to the airport and apparently it continued to rain all day on Orlando. Our first flight was delayed which meant we were going to miss our connection. There were two more flights out of Charlotte that night. Deb, Lindsay, and I got on the 8:15 flight but dad had to stay in Charlotte until the 10:30 flight. He wanted us to get home and get to bed. Deb went and picked him up later. His flight ended up being delayed and he said he got home around 1am. 

Mommy, this morning I was left dreaming about the Florida weather. It was like 25 degrees here today and the wind made it feel even colder!

Did you enjoy reading about our trip? I hope you don't mind that we went without you! Trust me, we wanted you there more than anything. You know, we actually just wish you were still here everyday. I know that Heaven is way better than Disney a World though! 

Love you to infinity and beyond,
Kelsey

P.S. I hope to share more pictures with you later. All of these pictures were from my iPhone and not my cameras. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Year of Running

The Hurt & The Healer

Six Months