Twenty Nine Months

Momma,

It's been a while. Mostly because I am so far behind on blogging. So I'm just trying to catch up. Let's take a look at the past month.

Lindsay and I went to a concert together in August 14. We saw Sam Hunt, Hunter Hayes and Lady Antebellum. It was awesome!!! 

The following week was break week at school. I was able to complete all of my hours by Tuesday afternoon at 2. My first stop of vacation was Bath and Body works for some hand soaps. I made out well. Then I drove to Amy's house to hang with her for a bit! She was going to be induced later in the week! My break week was amazing! On Wednesday, I went for a morning run and then met Debbie for lunch at Cafe Fresco. Thursday, I met Kristy for lunch at Yellowbird Cafe. I spent the rest of that afternoon cleaning. On Friday, I played golf with dad! I didn't shoot very well but we had a blast! Plus, the weather was amazing!

Sometime in the late afternoon, I texted Maria about how I wish we would have planned our beach trip! A few texts later, we had a day trip planned to the beach for the very next morning! I went over to Maria's at like 10pm that Friday night and we were up bright and early and on the road for Dewey Beach, DE by 6:15am! We were on the beach by 10am! It was glorious! 
We set up camp and sun bathed for hours until 5pm when we packed it up and walked to find a spot for dinner! We ate at a restaurant called Nalu's and we both ordered delicious tacos! Our next mission was to drive to Rehoboth for some sea salt caramel ice cream! We almost gave up after searching for packing for about 30 minutes, when at last a spot opened up and we snatched it up! We paid the meter for 45 minutes and set off to our ice cream destination. Boy, was it worth it! The ice cream was amazing and so worth the parking hassle. We walked the boardwalk for a few minutes before heading home. We stopped for gas near Dover, DE and we met up with my friend Chris for a few minutes. We took some wrong-ish turns on the way home and ended up cruising the turnpike for most of the way. We got home by 12:30am. Long day but so, so worth it! 

The next day was Sunday, the final day of my 5 day vacation. I went to church and then headed out for a run. After that, dad dropped me off upstream and I went on a little solo kayak trip down to the house. It was gorgeous outside! 

My 5 day vacation was AMAZING! It was so good for my soul! 

We had Inservice for the first 3 days of the week and our school year started on August 27. Luckily that was only a two day week! Last week was our first 5 day kid week since June and it was exhausting! We were all glad to have a three day weekend this past weekend for Labor Day! 

On Saturday, I tailgated with friends at the Zac Brown Band concert! We had a great time and great weather! 
When it was time for the show, I met up with our family. 
The concert was great, as expected! After the show, I met up with my friends for some more tailgating as we waited for traffic to clear. I ended up getting home a bit after 1am! 

I was up early for church and a run though! I went with Lindsay, Elliott, and Rachita to the Senators game on Sunday afternoon! It was sooo hot but I loved it! 

I had an amazing last month of summer and I was sad to see it come to an end. Hopefully fall will be good, but summer is my favorite!

Until next time.
Love,
Kelsey


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Year of Running

The Hurt & The Healer

Six Months