Five Months

Hi Momma,

Five months. Wow. It's been two months more than three months (which equals 5. See, that math tutor in high school was worth it) which means that it's already been two months more than the longest we were apart while you were on this Earth. Was that confusing? The longest time we spent apart was three months while I was in Greece and now it has been five. Five is still my favorite number but I'd rather do without this particular number.

I was reading through your CaringBridge this month because I really wanted to feel like you were talking to me. It was bittersweet to read through the posts because I miss you so much. I wanted to include this short excerpt from your second to last post on December 31, 2012. It is comforting for me to read this and know that you were not scared at all. Momma, I admire how brave you were. I know that a part of that is also in me, but I haven't completely discovered it yet.


Well, we did a total makeover on the family room. New paint, new carpet, new couch, newly stained computer desk, and new sliding glass door. The sliding glass door was just put in a few days ago. It is beautiful. Trust me, you would totally love it! I will post pictures of the room soon. Which probably means never because it is hard to get good lighting during the day and I'm also not sure how to set up the lighting at night.

So in the middle of August, I spent a few days up at Kristy's parents' house in Lewisburg. Kristy and I worked at The Little League World Series! It was totally cool! I enjoyed every minute of it. We stood for lots of hours, outside in the heat, and interacted with hundreds of people. I just loved it because I enjoy being outside and the days went by so fast because it was so busy!



This past Friday, Dad and I spontaneously decided to go golfing. Coco, as you know, I have never been on an actual golf course before. I've been to the driving range and mini golfing many times. I even joined golf club in middle school but that really only consisted of hitting balls and putting. It was GORGEOUS outside. If I had to describe my perfect weather scenario, this would be it. Not a cloud in the sky all day. A lot of times the sky is only like this in the mornings and clouds always pass by in the afternoon. This was not the case on Friday. It was the perfect temperature. I think 70-75 with beautiful sunshine and everything about it was just perfect. It would have been better if you were there but 'it is what it is' (That's our phrase). Here are some pictures from my golf outing with dad.

 PERFECTION. (#nofilter)

 There's Dad!

Here is a pic-stitch that I made of our beautiful day.

Now to end with the story of the month.
I went back to school with my clients at the end of August and that has been really hard for me. I am at the same school all day. I am just bored and ready for something new. In the middle of summer I applied for a new job. I wasn't able to interview until after camp was over and when I finally did, they did not have any open positions. Well this past week, I went for a second interview and spent some time in a classroom. I really enjoyed it and communicated to them that I would be interested in pursuing any employment opportunities they may be able to offer. I was on-call this weekend for the inpatient units and I got called in for both evenings. I was pretty exhausted for most of the morning but my day took a 180 degree by the middle of the day...

I would like to officially announce to my momma and the rest of the world:
 Today I accepted a position with The Vista School!

I am so thankful and blessed by this opportunity and I will be praying that the transition will go smoothly. I am not 100% sure of a start date but I will be handing in my two weeks notice by the end of this week. I have been praying that God would bring about another opportunity in my life and it appears as though His perfect timing is right now! 

MOMMA! Are you sooo excited?! I can most definitely picture your face upon learning this news! I love you so much and I cannot thank you enough for always supporting me! I love you to infinity and beyond!!! I will continue to miss you until I can see you again! 

Love always,
Kelsey

P.S. We are holding a golf outing in memory of you this upcoming weekend. I know you will be smiling down on us and I look forward to telling you about it in my next letter! 






Comments

  1. Congrats on your new job! I love all your pictures from this post. miss you/love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Year of Running

The Hurt & The Healer

Six Months